Sunday, May 15, 2011

Moving and Day one on the Road

So I will not have much time on the computer now that we are officially homeless and on the road moving from Austin to Olympia :)  But I wanted to make sure and write everyday and keep you all posted on how things are going.  Yesterday (Friday) we arrived back in Texas after a trip to Kentucky to visit my family.  The 18 hour/1200 mile drive got us home at around 8 am and the movers showed up at 5:30 pm.  After much packing and heavy lifting our small 2 bed apartment was in a truck and ready to go :)  This was our last night in Texas!!!  I will miss our friends and our church family in Cedar Park, and will keep all of you in my prayers.  We love you all!!!  Thank you so much for all of your love, support, and prayers in our lives!

This morning we woke up and started our journey out right.... with a bowl of Pho before we left Cedar Park ;)  hehe.  We made it to Lubbock by lunch and one traffic ticket later (received by my lead footed husband) we arrived in Albq NM.  Here we are staying for the night after 12 hours worth of driving today.

It was strange today to see the different landscapes in those 12 hours.... we had energy wind farms (pics to follow), plains, ranches, hills, and small mountains once we got closer to Albq.  I wish we could make this trip in 2 weeks instead of three days.  I would be stopping and taking pictures of everything.  But alas we are on a time schedule so I have to resort to pics through my window.  Well it is now 1am we have to wake up at 7 for our next leg of our move to Salt Lake City.  Please keep us in your prayers for traveler's mercy.  And I'll write again tomorrow!!!!!!!!  Good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment